Sunday, March 21, 2021

"Mel Says" Preview

                                                  
Look for Mel's full article this Wednesday here at The Pocomoke Public Eye.  Here's a preview:

A Fire Story - Tanks for the Memory

Background: The town of West, near Waco in Texas, is a town of about 3000 people – about the same size that Pocomoke was in the 1950s. In 2013, a fire and explosion at a fertilizer plant in West killed 15 people, injured over 150, and destroyed or damaged almost 300 houses. When this made national news, I immediately remembered an incident from the 1950s and wondered, “How close did we come to this type of tragedy in Pocomoke?”

(Reader comment)

Anonymous said...

I wait with bated breath. Really enjoyed his last offering and am truly looking forward to this one. Does it have anything to do with Wm. B. Tilghman Company on Clarke Avenue?

You know, I should remember Mel but I don't. I think he is maybe two or three years younger than me and I thought I know (or knew) almost everyone in Pocomoke City.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wait with bated breath. Really enjoyed his last offering and am truly looking forward to this one. Does it have anything to do with Wm. B. Tilghman Company on Clarke Avenue?

You know, I should remember Mel but I don't. I think he is maybe two or three years younger than me and I thought I know (or knew) almost everyone in Pocomoke City.