Saturday, July 18, 2009

Why Crime Is So High?

Here’s a little story to give everyone an example of why crime and drugs are rampant here and other places in Wor. County.

I was in court for the preliminary hearing for the person that broke into and burglarized my home. That was a wasted few hours because he didn’t have to show up and I was not notified.

While I was there I was surprised to see so many drug cases that were just dropped (noel prosque) by the DA, one in particular that really got under my skin was a young man that had been stopped for a DWI, he was driving drunk on a suspended license and found to have drugs and charged with several drug charges a few that I remember were,
1) Possession of CDS,
2) Possession with intent to distribute
3) Possession of a dangerous controlled substance
4) And possession of a HAND GUN!!

There were more but I can’t remember all of the drug charges, the DA dropped ALL charges (including the HAND GUN) BUT the DWI and driving while suspended.

He was also late for the hearing by about ½ hour.
WHT? If the legal system wont punish these dealers/users they have nothing to lose and they know it

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And now that charges have been dropped he is smiling his way to another drug deal......until he is arrested a few more times. Then he'll go to jail for 12 months with all suspended but 2 months!

And how about the female that got a DWI twice in ONE evening? Wonder what happened to her.

What really get me also is the "pretrial investigation" completion. Seems to me all this should be done before you go to court. No wonder the system is backed up. The "repeat offender" list must be unending.

It's nonsense! And it will never end until the people that uphold the laws demand better representation. Where do we start? I don't know.

jmmb

Anonymous said...

But you better believe they aren't going to drop the case against Billy Burke!

Anonymous said...

Thank God too!!!!!!!!!
He needs to learn that secretly taping is illegal. Then again, it's Billy!!!!!!!!!!!!