Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Crabs For Christmas!

A week before Christmas in 2010 I spent a few days in Baltimore City.  The morning of my departure was a bitter cold morning in the early hours with the complete trip to the city hampered by nothing else but the winter precipitation everyone loves (except for me) SNOW!!

We made it there and my husband made the return trip home - the same day- safely. 

I am not a 'city' person.  I am not a fast paced person - unless I want to be.  But I managed to endure four whole days in the University of Maryland Hospital with my daughter. (no need to worry- she's fine) 

While my daughter recuperated I spent my days snapping photos and chatting with those around me within the area of the hospital - which actually resembles a mall in the lobby.  Weather was the topic of choice the first day.  (my displeasure of it and the fear my daughter and I would not be back on the Eastern Shore for Christmas).  Most people in Baltimore like the snow.  My final decision for their true love for the white mess is because many have never traveled on the country roads during a slippery and snowy time.  After all, where I come from if you can't go you don't go. 




There are many wonderful people up there and I made friends with those I will never see again.  Aside from the ways  the many people in Baltimore think, and do things there are TWO things that we have in common.  ACCENT!  With  the first syllable from my mouth they knew I was from the 'shore' and I knew I was in Balitmore! 

Secondly, CRABS!  Can you imagine they believe the crabs in Baltimore are the best crabs?  Well, being the 'southern gal' that I am I didn't argue even though I do know better.

So to all those I met at the University of Maryland Hospital that helped me through those days last year and discussed the Eastern Shore with  me have a MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR.  And to the gentleman that knows more about Ocean City than I do HAPPY HANUKKAH!

This video is for all of you...





MERRY CHRISTMAS !

                                                                                                                   

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nothing says Baltimore like the Bromo Seltzer Tower, which celebrated it's 100th birthday this year.