Thursday, October 18, 2012

TIME MACHINE Preview ... Aboard the new steamer Eastern Shore, 1883.


 
"The Eastern Shore is to be fitted up in a first-class manner for the accommodation of 250 passengers..."

It's one of the TIME MACHINE items this Sunday on the Pocomoke Public Eye!

 
Do you have a local memory to share with PPE readers.. such as a big snow storm, a favorite school teacher, a local happening, something of interest your parents or grandparents told you about? It can be just a line or two, or more if you wish. Send to tkforppe@yahoo.com and watch for it on a future TIME MACHINE posting!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One of the great regrets of my life is that I was never able to take the overnight steam packet from Baltimore to Norfolk. When I was a youngster I was fascinated by any kind of boat. The Old Bay Line (Baltimore Steam Packet Company) had two steamers that made overnight runs from Baltimore to Norfolk and vice-versa. I had seen the ships at their Pratt Street pier and begged and begged my father to take a trip on them. Unfortunately the last run was in April of 1962 and my dream died forever.

Your friend,
Slim