Wednesday, August 26, 2009

WTH: For Today, Homeless Man Bursts into Flames!!!

A homeless man caught fire after U.S. police shocked him with a Taser gun, it has been revealed.

Daniel Wood, 31, was allegedly sniffing gas from an aerosol can as he ran through traffic when he was chased by two officers in Lancaster, Ohio. One officer caught Wood and got him on the ground, where Wood continued to resist, according to the police report.article-1208987-062DF5A1000005DC-512_233x317

Another officer shouted a warning, then zapped Wood with the Taser, the report said. Wood immediately burst into flames that covered his torso. The officers were forced to drop their weapons and beat out the flames. Wood said: ‘My complete right half of my upper body is burned. ‘I have bandages from my wrist all the way up my arm and across my chest.’

He admitted he had been inhaling vapours from a chemical cleaner in an attempt to get ‘high’. Wood had been resisting arrest by attempting to bite the officers and lashing out with his feet.

Hey…this is NOT funny. I mean really, it’s NOT.

No comments: