Friday, April 1, 2011

A Comment Worty Of a Post

RightCoast said...
I'm sad that people don't understand that this event was for the family.

An Open Letter to the Foxwell Critics

Dear Critics,

I do not know the Foxwell family. I did not know Sarah Foxwell, nor did I know her grandmother, Roberta. In all likelihood I would of never had known of any of these people except for the news on that tragic day before the Christmas of 2009, when it was announced that this little 11 year old girl had gone missing. For one moment the community came together collectively, as one, to help find this child. Mothers and fathers looked and hoped she would be found. When she finally was, it was devastating. We learned she had been abducted from her home, while her grandfather slept, by a known sexual predator, who hurt her in horrific ways and ultimately killed her.

Kind, compassionate people would hold this family up and embrace them in prayer and love and try to help them through unimaginable pain and suffering. Decent people would pour their love out to a family in such unbearable agony. Yet you, critics of the Foxwells, have chosen to pick open every wound, examine every flaw under a microscope and try to destroy these people, who just like you, are imperfect.

No decent reasonable person wants to see a child harmed and no one wants to see them dead. For those of you who have tried to blame Sarah's mother, or aunt, or grandmother, to perhaps try to deflect some of your own responsibility for allowing a known sex offender roam the streets, I'm disgusted. You did not know Sarah and you did not love her and you have no claim or rights to her memory other than the smear campaign you have embarked in over the lat 15 months to tarnish this sweet child's memory. By besmirching her family, you kill Sarah just a little bit each time. You are willful accomplices in tarnishing this child's memory.

For the family that loved her. I am without a doubt you loved her very much and did the best you could. There are bad people in this world and the fact is, no one but Thomas Leggs is to blame for the loss of Sarah Foxwell.

For critics who choose to continue to bash this family, it verges on criminal misconduct at this point to me. You owe this family an apology. Get that plank out of your own eye, neighbor. Your sin is just as bad as any other.

To the media, if you are going to cover this any further, I suggest you invest those that have facilitated this onslaught of evil on a family in pain and continue to do so whenever or to whomever tragedy or convenience strikes.

Many of us wanted instant gratification and desired for Thomas Leggs to be served the death penalty immediately. Most of know that enforcement of the death penalty would never have taken place in the State of Maryland.

With that thought in mind, then the family should be the major concern for the prosecution and the community. Consideration for their thoughts about punishment coupled with their tragic loss should be the only real voice that matters. They wanted life without parole for Thomas Leggs.

Can you please just stop your blaming of everyone and just focus it in the right place. Empathize with the family's feelings and position, you'll realize we should be silent for once. They're truly hurting and after all this time, they all deserve a little peace, love, and respect.

Please try to show some dignity for a change and give some respect to this dead child and her family.

God bless Sarah Foxwell and those who loved her...and God Bless those that didn't know her or her family and think they do. Reach a little deeper in your hearts.

Thank you,

Julie

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

" to deflect some of your own responsiblity for allowing a known sex offender roam the streets"

What the heck is that supposed to mean? Who allowed a known sex offender to roam the streets?

When you get right down to it "known sex offenders" are roaming the streets every day.
Are you referring to Leggs?

Anonymous said...

Oh Julie why don't you go and get somewhere before we all choke on your phoney indignation and that goes for Wymzie too.
Not so long ago that Dr Delusional site was all about trashing the Foxwell's when they were getting along with Albero. Some of the most God awful stuff was on that blog to the point of just about being XXX rated. Both of you have links to your sites on that blog. Shows where you all are coming from.

Anonymous said...

It's a stupid blog, for Christ's sake! That means Web Log. It's just personal opinions or whatever else Albero or whomever wishes to publish. People with no real life tend to follow these things and make more out of them then is actually there. You know, like the bored housewives who follow the soap operas on TV. Get a life!

Right Coast said...

souless creeps.

Anonymous said...

I bet you dirt bags work for the Pocomoke fire department.

Anonymous said...

Really PPE I don't know why you would even give these hypocrites a platform. When all was well between Albero and the Foxwells they trashed the Foxwells like there was no tomorrow.

Unknown said...

Excuse me 11:01. I have never trashed the Foxwell's and have stood up for them through out this public smear campaign for 15 months, so I really don't know where you get off calling me a hypocrite.

Anonymous said...

Alright then I won't call you a hypocrite and just say in plain English that you are full of sh**.
Don't deny that the Delusional site said the most horrible things about the Foxwell's. If you do then we can add liar to the list. Your site is linked from that site. Any "kind, commpassionate" person would not associate with that site. "No decent reasonable" person would have their site linked from there. But I guess you all are coming "together collectively, as one" to urge Mrs Wechsler on, using her as a mascot in your fight with Albero.

Unknown said...

I can not control who links to my site. You should know this. If you want to hate on the Foxwell's that's your right but it's still wrong.

Anonymous said...

9:09PM is a blatent TROLL

Anonymous said...

I don't speak your language so I'll just take a guess on what "hate on the Foxwell's" means. I imagine it means the horrible things said about them on a site that has a link to your site. I haven't said anything nasty about them. I'm just curious why you would associate yourself with a blog that did at one time. I haven't a clue how it all works but if you were sincere you would shut down your blog if you can't have the link taken down. After all isn't that what a kind and compassionate person would do?

The Public Eye said...

RE Anon 11:01:00 PM;

I didn't give anyone a "platform"

When someone/anyone takes the time to make a lengthy comment that is controversial, I usually publish it for discussion, not that I agree or disagree with the comment.
-----------------------------------

RE Anon 9:09 PM;

you said "I bet you dirt bags work for the Pocomoke fire department"

please tell me why you think that anyone here works for the fire department?

what does the fire department have to do with this post?

Unknown said...

Sorry, I'm not associated with any other site. I'm also not shutting mine down because you don't like one that allegedly links to me. I have over 50 sites that link to mine including most all local ones.

If you are so passionate about it all why don't YOU make a public statement using your name instead of hiding anonymously? I did. http://www.delmarvanow.com/article/20110402/OPINION01/104020352/Foxwell-family-deserves-empathy-not-criticism

This isn't about your hero Albero. It's about compassion to a family of a murder victim, something you obviously know nothing about.

Anonymous said...

I could care less about Joe Albero. I just don't like seeing the Foxwell's used to further your vendetta against Albero.
It makes no difference whether I post anon or use a name. And as for making a public statement. No way. I think everyone should just leave the Foxwell's alone in peace and stop instigating what happened between them and Albero to try and make a name for themselves!

Unknown said...

I have no "vendetta" I'm just calling it as I see it. Just like you presumably are, except in my case I am trying to appeal to people who have been unduly influenced by lies and rumors against this family that has suffered twice. You on the other hand have some sort of weird agenda.

"I think everyone should just leave the Foxwell's alone in peace."

Really? Because that is exactly what I said. In fact my exact quote is; "Empathize with the family's feelings and position, you'll realize we should be silent for once."

Yet here you are autonomously attacking me for saying it. Very very odd.

Anonymous said...

Yep and that's all that should have been said-"we should be silent"
Anything else is just adding fuel to the fire which is apparent by the comments coming in, to almost the same letter written to the Daily Times.

On that note-end of story. I'm done.