Sunday, March 18, 2012

The Soon To Be Pocomoke City Police Station

FRIDAY, MARCH 16, 2012
POCOMOKE CITY, MARYLAND

My orders for the day were already mapped out by Councilman Malloy when I met up with him Friday....The new Pocomoke city police station...."they know someone will be stopping by", is what he told me. -  and that's me.  I didn't tell him  but that's where I wanted to go first anyway.

As we approached the parking lot of the station it became quite laughable the way he told me to "just pull in there" and pointed. Oh, I knew that wasn't going to work because there was a vehicle backing up and I knew who's vehicle it was. The Councilman's comments were very funny and I won't repeat them, but inside the other vehicle was Chief Sewell and Lt. Mike Strong of the Pocomoke City Police Department. Oops!


OFFICER !   PLEASE step out of your vehicle !
(they put me up to this)


 Lt. Strong  didn't want his picture taken.  But I took it anyway.  The best thing to do is just smile and get it over with.  We all  had a nice chat as it is always so nice to chat with Chief Sewell.  He just seems to find something to talk about and I was glad to see that they had "updated" his office.  He now has the same air and heat the rest of the building has. (that's kind of an inside joke- they have removed the giant fan and installed the heating and air).


I just can't stress enough how "state of the art" this police station will be.  There won't be another   quite like it.  The Pocomoke City Police Station will be a 24/7/365 operation.  Should a storm or any crisis arise knocking out power this department will still be able to function as it would during normal times.  So the people of Pocomoke City will never be without a police department! 


Great accomplishments have been made since my last visit.  Trim has been painted in most places along with the walls.  Some carpet is in place along with the tile flooring.  This is going to be a wonderful station and one that Pocomoke will be proud of.  The Pocomoke City Police Department and the citizens of the wonderful town of Pocomoke certainly are deserving of it.



 

I will have new photos posted soon

No comments: