Friday, June 12, 2009

Another Pit-Bull attack on a child

I'm not a believer in laws that protect us, I strongly believe in personal responsibility, but on that note something needs to set in place when it comes to pit-bulls. These dogs just don't stop and inbreeding is making them worse. Yes this parent made a terrible mistake by letting the dog play alone with the children but it may have never shown any aggression as with pits is often the scenario, they just snap, they grasp their easiest pray usually being a small child or animal that cannot strongly protect themselves. (kinda like most of the dog owners act huh?) But Pits are strong and determined when they go into attack mode.

I have an old blind dachshund/beagle mix (mutt) that is a house dog that goes outside on a chain. One day I heard the wife screaming and I ran to see what was happening. An un-leashed pit-bull was in our yard attacking our dog while she was chained, the pit had her by the neck and shaking her like a rag.

I'm a big guy and I tried to pull the pits jaws from around our dogs throat and I couldn't budge it, they say they cannot lock their jaws but I don't believe that, I then started punching the pit in hopes to break a rib or hopefully it's neck, it wouldn't give up,

I then started kicking the pit hopefully to at least make it let go and start on me, the pi held on and was still doing major damage. Finally I told the wife to get my gun, just as she did the owner of the pit casually walked up and was able to get his dog off our old dog and he just walked away, not a word did he speak, I should have shot them both.

Pit-bulls are dangerous animals and have no place in society, this is one law I could get behind.


STORY TDT:
Wilmington police say a 2-year-old girl was seriously injured when she was bitten by a pit bull her mother was watching for a neighbor.

The girl was attacked while she and three siblings were playing with the dog around 9:30 p.m. Wednesday in the basement of a home in the 1000 block of West Fifth Street.
The dog bit the girl on the neck, but her siblings got the dog off her and got the girl out of the basement.


The girl was taken to Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children in Rockland where Master Sgt. Paul Reutter says she was listed in stable condition after surgery.


The dog was turned over to animal control officers in Kent County. It will be quarantined while the investigation continues.

No comments: