Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Comcast VS Verizon internet service ISP

I'll try to type fast before I get disconnected AGAIN.

Not long ago I switched from verizon broadband to comcast cable for my ISP. Boy was that a big mistake.

Verison couldn't keep my bill straight so I just got tired of dealing with their billing department and I told them to cut it off.

I then switched over to comcast, it's a little-bit more expensive but I thought it would be faster from the turtle commercials... NOT.

Comcast is about twice as slow as verizon was and that's only if I can stay connected.

From day one I get disconnected from 5 to 10 times a day, it will be down for hours at times.

I replaced all my in-house wiring (thinking it may be old) with up to date splitters and cable that is made for a digital signal, I even bought a amplifier made for digital cable and nothing has helped.

My son and I are tired of calling the trouble center at comcast, they have absolutely no idea what they are talking about there, that is if we are lucky enough to get someone on the phone that we can understand and that speaks English.

Simply put, my comcast cable ISP SUCKS.

Well I made it this far without being disconnected after being disconnected 3 times in the last hour for about 15 minuets each time. (this may be a new record) I look froward to tomorrow and the several hours of waiting for service to return.

I'm going back to Verizon as soon as I can.

6 comments:

ComcastCares1 said...

I know how frustrating it can be when you have intermittent connection.

I can have one of our most experienced technician look into the problem for you. Please send me the phone number on the account so that I can get started.

I am sorry for all your troubles.

Mark Casem
Comcast Corp.
National Customer Operations
We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com

The Public Eye said...

I sent you an email Mark.

sorry it was not sooner but my comcast connection has been down for about 18 hours. it came back on around 4pm today (8-14)

my son called and they said there were no outages but about 5-10 mins after he got off the phone it came back.

they said my modem is not on-line (sending a signal) or something like that.

My other son is going to exchange the modem tomorrow but I don't think that's the problem, usually a piece of electronics either works or it doesn't

I think it's the 30+ year old cable coming from the pole or the old lightning protector outside the house.

The Public Eye said...

my SON TOOK THE MODEM BACK TO CAMCAST TO EXCHANGE FOR A NEW ONE.

the PEOPLE AT COMCAST HOOKED OUR OLD MODEM UP TO A pc AND IT WOULDN'T WORK THERE SO WE ARE HOPING IT WAS A BAD MODEM.

i HAVE NOT BEEN DISCONNECTED SINCE WE HOOKED THE NEW MODEM UP AROUND !PM AND i HAVE NOT BEEN DISCONNECTED TODAY SO FAR SO GOOD.

i DID HAVE A FEW DAYS WHEN THE OLD MODEM HELD ON- I'll KNOW IN A DAY OR TWO THOUGH.

oH, i FORGOT TO ADD MY INTERNET SEAMS TO BE FASTER WITH THIS MODEM ALSO, BUT i'M NOT REAL SURE YET.

tHANKS Mike FOR THE QUICK REPLIES AND EMAILS.

The Public Eye said...

oops, cap lock was on

The Public Eye said...

well it was not the modem.

it disconnected last night 8/15 around midnight, I didn't get service back until this afternoon.

A tech is supposed to be here tomorrow and I'm going to ask if they will run a dedicated cable to the modem.

it's only about 30 feet from the pole to where the modem sits inside a upstairs room

The Public Eye said...

well a very nice young man was here this morning and he started at the modem testing the cable back to the pole. The grounding block was bad and a filter on the pole was bad.
He replaced the wire and ground box and removed the filter on the pole.

when he tested the signal at the modem it was where it was supposed to be... he started out right on the threshold and ended up well above the normal range.

So, kudos to that tech. for actually looking for and diagnosing the problem.

Most would hook the tester up and say "sorry it's on your side of the cable"

Thank you to the "cable guy" that came here today.

And thank you Mark for your concern of your customer base.