Thursday, October 15, 2009

Newport News Girl Sells Toys to Buy Vests

There was round of applause at Tuesday night's Newport News city council meeting for a local girl taking action and getting results.

Kayleigh Crimmins has been raising money to buy bullet resistant vests for police dogs.

This one will go to a Newport News sheriff's department K-9 called Vader.

This is the fifth one she has bought with money from selling her toys on Craigslist.

"I think she is amazing I think she is determined I think she loves dogs, and there's no end to this she's made that very clear," says Kayleigh's mother Lee.

Kayleigh has also been holding yard sales and recently started a new project, 'Cans for K-9's' to help with her fundraising efforts.

http://wtkr.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this. I was so impressed that I looked up the cost of a vest. For a top of the line, stab resistant the cost is close to $1,000.