Friday, June 4, 2010

McDermotts June 17th Event

Dear Fellow Patriot,

      The response to our June 17th Spaghetti Fundraiser in
Ocean Pines has been heart warming. In just two weeks, we have
already sold half the seats. There is still time to join with
other like minded Marylanders who desire to take back the
reins of an out-of-control government. Come join us as we
serve up homemade pasta, meatballs, and a proven track record
of effective government!

I have concentrated on budget friendly events so everyone can get involved, but I need your help for this event to be a success. Your partnership in this campaign is the only way to insure that I will have the opportunity to serve you and this district in Annapolis. Table Sponsorships are still available, but we need to hear from you soon. Individual tickets may also be purchased.

Our shared eastern shore values deserve to be heard. Please help me as I work to be your strong voice in Annapolis!

Click for Tickets!

With Warmest Regards,

Mike

4 comments:

Sam said...

No proven track record here. I live in Pocomoke and have yet to see McDermott fulfill his promises. He talks a good game but does not follow through. He makes judgments without first getting the facts. Example, the person arrested for the recent murder in Pocomoke is not from Virginia. He is from Pocomoke, contrary to what Mcdermott said.

jmmb said...

You are correct when you say that the victim R J Handy was from Pocomoke....born and raised there most of his life. The Virginia addres was just given because that was his address of residence at the time of the murder.

Don't forget the Spaghetti Fundraiser on the 17th.

Anonymous said...

I can't make it to the fundraiser but do plan on voting for and supporting McDermott.
As far as his role as mayor of PC he hasn't much power due to the city manager form of government. He was more of a spokesperson for PC than anything else, I believe. I believe also he fulfulled that role well as far as his promotion of the city.
The old saying "Rome wasn't built in a day" applies to Pocomoke City. The MarVa Theater and the Discovery Center are nice beginnings.

Anonymous said...

The Pocomoke City government takes a step forward as far as promotion of the city and some of the residents take 2 steps or more back.
To read some of the other blogs, one would think Pocomoke City is a war zone. I had the pleasure of recently going into the city limits. The area down by the river is lovely. I also stopped by a wonderful antique and used book store. The owner of the shop was very pleasant. She had her 2 friendly dogs in the shop with her and being a dog lover myself made me love her shop even more! I never felt one bit afraid for my safety as other blogs would have you believe.
Some of the residents of Pocomoke City need to focus on what's positive about the city, instead of being chronically dissatisfied with just about everything.