Best Fishing Days and Times For 2014
Here's a list of the best fishing days and times for 2014, when the Moon is between new and full (EDT).
2014 Best Fishing Days
- January 1–15
- January 30 – February 14
- March 1–16
- March 30 – April 15
- April 29 – May 14
- May 28 – June 13
- June 27 – July 12
- July 26 – August 10
- August 25 – September 8
- September 24 – October 8
- October 23 – November 6
- November 22 – December 6
- December 21–31
The Sun, Moon, tides, and weather all influence fish activity. For example, fish tend to feed more at sunrise and sunset. During a full moon, tides are higher than average and fish tend to feed more.
However, most of us go fishing when we can get the time off, not because it is the best time!
Best Times for Fishing
- One hour before and one hour after high tides, and one hour before and one hour after low tides. Inland, the times for high tides correspond with the times when the Moon is due south. Low tides are halfway between high tides.
- During the "morning rise" (after sunup for a spell) and the "evening rise" (just before sundown and the hour or so after).
- When the barometer is steady or on the rise. (But even during stormy periods, the fish aren't going to give up feeding. The smart fisherman will find just the right bait.)
- When there is a hatch of flies—caddis flies or mayflies, commonly. (The fisherman will have to match his fly with the hatching flies or go fishless.)
- When the breeze is from a westerly quarter rather than from the north or east.
- When the water is still or rippled, rather than during a wind.
Also see: https://naturesportcentral.com/fishing/