Monday, August 30, 2010

Some People Think Mud Bogging Is A Good Place For Politics

Some of you may not know this but there have been a few people that have worked quite hard behind the scenes for quite a few months to arrange the events at the Gumboro Mudbog. In fact, those people work behind the scenes for the wounded soldiers more times than anyone knows.
Last week I had a few conversations with a couple of them about the event because I wanted to know more so that I could write about in more depth on this blog. These men are no slackers when it comes to caring about these men and women of the military and I wish more people (including myself when it comes to giving) could and would do more.

Saturday was designated to be a day for the wounded warriors. They were coming to Gumboro to watch the mud races and to enjoy themselves on Delmarva and so the people could say thank you for all they have done and for all of the sacrifices they have given to this country.

Mr. Butch Elzey, and and some others deserve a pat on the back for all of the hard work put forth for Saturday's events. However, I was told in my conversation that POLITICS will play NO part in the events. I agreed with that decision 100%.
But it seems that one person either didn't get the memo, or has no respect for the military, or just lacks common sense and compassion.

It has been reported that this person was PLACING CAMPAIGN STICKERS ON WOUNDED WARRIORS CHILDREN AT THE MUD BOG ON SATURDAY!!
Tell me Ms. Rollins, have you ever bothered to visit the Gumboro Mud Bog at any other time before this past Saturday? Have you ever been there before to just see what these dedicated people have done for YOUR state of DELAWARE?

I can't say a word about anyone running for any office in the state of Delaware.... I am not a resident of that state. But Ms. Rollins, I AM A RESIDENT OF THIS GREAT AND WONDERFUL UNITED STATES OF AMERICA !!

And that makes me able to tell you that what you did Saturday was inexcusable and low and in poor taste!!

No comments: