Saturday, June 30, 2012

Lin's Asian Cuisine ~ A Readers Review

Many of you have been waiting patiently for a review on the new restaurant located at Newtown Blvd. in the same area as the flower shop Country Blossoms. I will be the first to admit that I did "drop the ball" on this one. And I know that many of you have already eaten there. But thanks to a couple of readers on the facebook PPE here is a review for you along with photos. Enjoy!



Lin's Asian Cuisine Restaurant
Let me start by stating that I am an avid sushi eater I have eaten at many different sushi restaurants and I’m more than happy that I can finally eat at one close to home. Since I've heard about Lin’s Asian Cuisine I made sure to find the exact date it was opening and I was excited that Pocomoke was finally getting real sushi. No longer would I have to take a forty five minute drive in busy traffic just to satisfy my cravings. So the 28th finally got here and my fiancé and I decided to go for lunch since we didn’t know how busy it would be at dinner time. As soon as we walked in we were greeted by some of the friendliest staff I have ever seen in any Asian restaurant. The décor was very elegant and as you would expect in an Asian themed restaurant. I didn’t know what to expect when I walked in. I figured there would be several tables with a hibachi grill sort of like at Tokyo Steakhouse in Salisbury.
However that was not the case. In the front there was the sushi bar along with one lone hibachi grill. This kind of turned me off at first but I was still intrigued to try their sushi.

As we were seated and given our menus I browsed through the large variety of food that they had. Everything from the usual Chinese takeout menu we all know and love from a whole section dedicated to nothing but sushi and hibachi. The menu was very extensive so even a non-sushi lover could eat here and be happy.
As I turned to the lunch menu I saw that they had a pick three rolls for ten dollars, my eyes widened, if you eat sushi then you know that this is a deal that you cannot beat. Even the lunch hibachi was cheap 8.95 for steak and that includes the freshly fried rice, steak made to your liking, and vegetables with yum-yum sauce. After getting our drinks we were ready for our order, I ordered a spicy salmon roll, a shrimp tempura roll, a salmon avocado roll and an order of lunch hibachi steak. My fiancé ordered a spicy salmon, spicy yellowtail, shrimp avocado roll, and an order of hibachi chicken. We also ordered a specialty roll called a Black Dragon Roll that has eel and avocado on top with shrimp tempura in the middle.
After our order we were each given an order of miso soup free of charge. I can say trying various miso soups in my past this is the first one I finished for it had a generous amount of tofu and vegetables and was very tasty.

It didn’t take long at all for our food to come out: roughly fifteen minutes and when the plates hit the table my mouth was watering the vegetables looked fresh along with the fish with very lovely plating. The first rolls to come out were the lunch. As I bit in to the spicy salmon my taste buds thanked me the salmon tasted like it was just caught and spicy mayo infused in the roll had a very nice kick to it. The avocado in the salmon avocado roll was perfect it wasn’t mushy or too firm and of course the salmon was fresh as ever. The leaf lettuce in the shrimp tempura roll was very crisp and the shrimp was fried to perfection that in every bite there was a satisfying crunch. The sushi here was no gimmick at all this isn’t a Chinese restaurant that sold sushi on the side or on a buffet that tasted less then mediocre. This was the real deal, the presentation was fabulous and the taste was more than satisfying.


The staff was very attentive to us for they came by our table several times to make we were satisfied and kept our drinks full. The next item that came to our table was our beautifully plated specialty roll “The Black Dragon Roll”. This roll had avocado and eel cut on top of a shrimp tempura roll. The eel was of course some of the best tasting smoked eel in unagi sauce that I have ever tasted. This roll was to die for and just about ate the whole thing to myself. Last but not least the hibachi plates came to the table fresh off the grill. The hibachi steak was cooked medium-rare, just as I asked, and the fried rice was very delicious you could taste the fried onions, eggs, bean sprouts, and carrots distinctively. This wasn’t like a regular pre-made order of pork fried rice this was far better. The side of vegetables with yum-yum sauce was the icing on the cake; the sauce was sweet and tangy while the vegetables were flavorful and crisp making the ultimate combination.




Overall this was an excellent experience and there is so much good to say about this new establishment. The pricing was very generous along with the food portions for we still had sushi and hibachi to take home we later ate for dinner. The staff was very friendly, attentive, and made feel appreciated as a new customer. Rating wise I would give them five stars. Now I have to re-budget and figure how I can make it so I can eat here every day.


I hope Pocomoke sees the beauty in this new restaurant and doesn’t by-pass it due to the other Chinese establishments in Pocomoke that all taste the same. This is new, fresh, and different; exactly what the friendliest town on Eastern Shore needed.
A huge thanks to Pedro B. for writing the great descriptive review and Brooklyn H. for the wonderful photos.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow this place sounds good I may I have to check it out.

Anonymous said...

Curiously, there is no sweet and sour pork on the menu. Sweet and sour chicken, yes, but no pork. I thought that was a staple for this type of restaurant.

Your friend,
Slim

Anonymous said...

Lin's or the other Chinese restaurants?

Anonymous said...

Our family just returned from dinner at Lins and it was great to see many locals there. We had several varieties of sushi as well as hibachi steak and chicken. All very good and very much on par with Tokyo Steak House except for the soup which neither we nor several of our friends in the restaurant enjoyed. Buy all in all a very nice dining experience.

Anonymous said...

Miso soup is really good with soy sauce you should not eat it without lol

Anonymous said...

Simply put, the Sushi here is "to die for"... If you love Sushi, this is the place to be. The Sushi chef goes to great pains to present, not only a beautiful dish, but a delicious one as well! All of the fish tastes like it was caught that morning... The owner tells me that a lot of teh seafood is purchased locally... how fresh can you get?

Anonymous said...

This is an experience... Forget the "chinese fast food joints" around here. Even though some of the menu choices are like the carryout places, the taste simply doesn't compare. You haven't eaten Chinese food and Sushi, until you've eaten it here!
They even have a Facebook page now... www.facebook.com/LinsAsian

Anonymous said...

I tottaly agree..I had their Roast Prok Lo Mein and boy was it colorful..It wasnt one color lo mein like you get at golden garden. Your taste buds will thank you go here and eat some real chinese food!

Anonymous said...

Pork***