Tuesday, August 28, 2012

One Year Ago- Hurricane Irene

This time last year most of us were experiencing Hurricane Irene in some way or another......

For us and the families around us it meant a few days without electricity and no communication, driving 7 miles twice a day for ice and keep your flashlight handy at all times.  I won't get into the miserable parts of the experience.

We have all seen water in Cypress Park many times but this was at low tide and water was in the park like I had never seen before.


 Route 13 South- Photo is crooked because I took it while passing by....
Winter Quarters- Golf Course.  The entire golf course was under water and boys were out there with boogy boards.  Photo was taken by Jennie Somers who sent me several photos of the golf course.

1 comment:

Shane Ryans said...

I am now worried about Hurricane Issac being in Panama City beach now. I hope my town fairs it well.