Thursday, October 6, 2011

Small Fire At Hardwire In Pocomoke City

POCOMOKE CITY — A small fire broke out in a mechanical unit at Pocomoke armor manufacturer Hardwire LLC. No injuries were reported.

The fire was reported about 11:30 a.m. on Oct. 5 inside one of the company’s manufacturing facilities. The metal shavings collected from an industrial laser cutter caught fire inside a separate collection unit, according to Deputy Rob Korb with the Worcester County Fire Marshal's office.  The air filtration unit, valued at $40,000, was destroyed.

Korb said the fire marshal will attribute it to a mechanical malfunction, they will rule the fire accidental. He also said it’s the second fire Hardwire has experienced from this particular machine in the last six months.

Fire departments from Pocomoke City, Stockton, Girdletree, and New Church, Va., all were on the scene.


No comments: